>> Places of Interest
Places of Interest
Was used as a meeting place for the Society of Friends from before 1663 to 1791.
Chapel House, Baughurst Road
Was once the home of John and Charles Wesley and
their friend George Whitfield, one time Curate of Dummer (1723).
George and Dragon Public House
The George and Dragon superseded the earlier inn of the same name, which was located nearer to Beazen Head Lane and was reputed to have been used during the Crusades.
Formerly 'Kent's Bus Depot', this building has the largest single span wooden roof in Western Europe!
The cottage dates back to around 1790, when it was a toll house on the Southampton to Aldermaston turnpike. It served as the village Post Office from the late 19th century to the 1930/40s.
The course of the Roman Road (Portway), Old Sarum to Silchester.
A Georgian mansion connected by an underground passage to St. Catherine's Church.