Local Plan update
Baughurst Parish Council
Launch of consultation on
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council’s Draft Local Plan Update (Regulation 18)
Take part from Monday 22 January to Monday 4 March
The consultation, which starts on Monday 22 January and runs for six week, is your chance to give your views on the draft plan that will guide development and planning decisions in the area until 2040.
This will be your chance to get involved in deciding the future of the borough, including where new homes and employment will be built and how we protect our environment.
It is important that the borough has a strong planning framework in place, shaped by the people who live and work in it, to protect the borough from unsuitable development and create the kind of place we want.
When the consultation starts on Monday the council will send an email with further information on how and where to get more information.
The consultation will primarily run through our online consultation portal, enabling everyone to get to the parts of the Plan that are the most important to them, and make comments quickly and easily.
A number of events have also been arranged and further details can be found below.
Please do not submit comments before the consultation begins on Monday 22 January as they can’t be taken into account.
The following drop-in events will be held during the consultation:
- Wednesday 31 January - Overton Community Centre, High Street, Overton (3.30pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 1 February - the Leivesley Room at Sherfield Park Community Centre, Sunwood Drive, Sherfield on Loddon (2pm to 8pm)
- Saturday 3 February - Porchester Square, Festival Place, Basingstoke town centre (10am to 5pm)
- Wednesday 7 February - St Mark’s Church, Homestead Road, Kempshott (2pm to 8pm)
- Monday 5 February - join an online event on the draft plan’s approach to climate change (6pm and 7pm)
A poster outlining the details of the consultation is attached and this can be printed and used to raise awareness in your local area. Also attached is the information leaflet which will go to all households, and a copy of the representation form in case copies are requested.
Clerk to the Council
- 07746 756007
Find Baughurst Parish Council
The Turbary Administration Centre, 2 Franklin Avenue, Baughurst, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 4ET